Our customers are very important to us and we are focused on providing excellent customer service to you. The information you share with us allows us to provide you with our products and services while giving you an optimal shopping experience.
We respect the trust you place in us and the privacy of the information you share. Part of providing superior customer service is making sure that we are continually building a relationship of trust with you. We want to let you know in a clear, prominent, and easily accessible way how we collect, use, share, and above all protect your personal information.
We are also obliged to comply with the provisions of the local statutory laws. You agree that we may collect, use, process, disclose, and/or transfer your personal data for the purposes of the following, which includes but is not limited to:
- providing the products and services requested by you;
- administering and maintaining your customer account with us;
- engaging third party service providers to perform certain aspects of our services offered on the Websites;
- unless you notify us that you do not wish to receive such information, sending you information from time to time through e-mail and post about our products and services, promotions and special offers, upcoming events and other information which may be of interest to you;
- customer profiling, market analysis and research purposes to improve our products offering to you;
- conducting promotions, contests and surveys
- responding to queries or feedback from you;
- enforcing these terms and conditions and our legal rights and remedies; and
- for such other purposes as permitted by applicable law or with your consent.
You understand that Itsy Cotton Pte Ltd may or may not send you information on promotions if you have subscribed to receive any promotional information or other relevant messages.
In compliance with the PDPA, we will not send marketing messages to Singapore telephone or facsimile numbers belonging to you unless you have given us clear and unambiguous consent to do so. If you have previously given us consent (in any other form or medium), we will continue to send you marketing messages until you advise us in writing that you wish to withdraw the consent.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Policy covers how and why we collect, use, protect, and share your personal information on the Websites where this Policy is posted.
Our Policy focuses on personal information – information that identifies you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you.
For example, when you place an order online, we collect personal information, such as name, address, email address, phone number, and credit or debit card information.
For example, when you leave a comment on Instagram or Facebook or write to us using Instagram and Facebook’s private messaging platforms, we may also collect personal information from you.
4. What is our Pledge of Accountability?
We require our associates, business partners, and third-party service providers to do their best to manage your personal information properly.
5. What type of information do we collect?
We collect two types of information: (1) information we receive from you and (2) information we receive from others. Information we receive from you includes information you share with us, including but not limited to those when you create a customer account on one of our Websites or when you sign up for our newsletter. This also includes information you provide us through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our Websites. We also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and detect fraud.
We also collect information to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our Store(s) and Websites.
6. What information do we receive from you?
You share information with us in various ways online. For example, you share information when you:
- Make an online purchase, or complete any other transaction, with us;
- Create a customer account on our Websites or mobile services (if any);
- Create a shopping list;
- Participate in any of our membership or reward programs from time to time implemented;
- Conduct a transaction or request a service where we collect information;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Message us privately on our social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram or Facebook
- Post a review or comment on our blog, or on one of our social media pages including but not limited to Instagram and/or Facebook, or post a rating, review or other user-generated content on one of our Websites or mobile services (if any); and
- Participate in a contest, promotion, or survey.
When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth, and payment information.
You also provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our Websites and mobile services work correctly and supports our customer marketing and analytics efforts – our work to understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products and services.
Here are some examples:
- Device Information: We collect technical information when you visit our Websites or use our mobile applications (if any) or services. This includes information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of mobile device you use, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of any referring websites, the path you take through our Websites, and other information about your session on our Website
- Browsing Information: We use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our Websites and mobile services. Cookies allow us to provide you relevant information as you use or return to our sites. Web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our Websites and other sites were effective. We use these tools to provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you.
7. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfil your requests for our products or to help us personalize our offerings to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions.
Some examples include:
- To fulfil your requests for our products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To register and service your customer account;
- To administer contests, promotions, and surveys;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information, including recalls;
- To help us personalize our product/service offerings, website, mobile services, and advertising;
- To help us improve your experience on our Websites and mobile services;
- To send you information about our products, services, and promotions;
- To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide us; and
- To protect the security and integrity of our Websites, mobile services, and our business.
To do this, we combine personal and non-personal information, collected online and offline, including information from third party sources. We also transfer or share your personal information within our corporate family of companies, for these purposes, as permitted by law.
8. How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We will not sell or rent your personal information. We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to conduct our business, or when legally required, or with your consent.
We will not share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies, except in the following circumstance:
(A) Service Providers
We may share personal information about you with our independent service providers that help with our business activities, including but not limited to shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, to send our newsletters and promotional news, and companies that help us improve our products and services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in Singapore or other locations where the service providers are located
(B) Legal Requirements and Protection of Ours and Others
We may share your personal information in other special circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or our rights, or those of our customers, our associates or other persons. Examples include:
- protecting your safety;
- addressing crimes committed on our Websites
- identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk;
- responding to any valid legal inquiry; and
- responding to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or violation of law.
(C) Business Transfers
(D) With Your Consent
In any circumstance other than those described above, we will ask for your consent before we share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies, and we also will not sell or rent your personal information.
9. What are Your Choices?
You have choices about the various ways we collect, use, and share your personal information.
- We may send you marketing communications. You can tell us your marketing preferences and you are free to opt out or unsubscribe from such communication.
- We also may personalize your experience on our Websites and mobile services (if any) by showing you our advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
- We want to offer you choices about the different ways we collect, use, or share your personal information. Some of these choices are described below.
(A) Interest-Based Advertising Preferences
We may personalize your experience on our Websites and mobile services (if any) by showing you advertisements that are tailored to your interests using cookies. For example, if you browse or shop for a certain type of product with us or on other sites, we may show you ads for that specific category as you continue to browse the Internet.
We may show you advertisements related to us or our advertising partners. We belong to networks that may use your browsing history across participating websites and mobile services to show you interest-based advertisements. You may also see ads for us on participating websites and mobile services based on how you browse. However, we do not share personal information about you with companies that may advertise on our Websites without your consent. You can choose to delete the cookies stored on your web browser at any time.
(B) Mobile Location Settings
Where and when we have implemented our mobile services, our mobile services may use your device’s location information. You can adjust the settings of your mobile device at any time to control whether your device communicates this location information. See your device instructions to learn more about these settings. In addition, we may offer you controls on our use of your mobile location information.
10. How do you access and update your personal information?
We provide you with various ways to access or update your personal information, including contact and customer account information. We also take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete.
You can access or update your personal information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
- If you have created a customer account on one of our Websites, log into your customer account. Once you do, you will be able to enter and update your email ID, password and contact information.
- If you need to access your personal information related to a specified service provided to you by our service provider or business partner, we will refer you to the service provider or business partner. Please contact us via the “Contact Us” section below.
- How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of our Customers’ personal information.
When you are shopping on our Websites or through our mobile services (if any) we use reasonable security measures, including administrative, and technical safeguards. These measures may include security access controls or other information security technologies and policies, procedures to help ensure the appropriate disposal of information. However, you should note that no method of transmission of data over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we will aim to protect the security of your information.
Here are some examples of security measures we use to protect your personal information:
- Passwords are required to access your customer account and help to protect your account information. Please keep this password confidential.
- Encryption technology, called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), helps to protect personal information in certain areas of our Websites during transport across the Internet. The presence of SSL encryption may be indicated by https in the browser URL or the image of a closed lock or solid key in the browser window. These indications may not be present in mobile services that use SSL.
- For payment card information, we use secured networks, encryption or other protection of cardholder data and other information security practices to help to protect your information.
Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
14. How long do we retain data?
We will keep your Personal Data as long as it is required for the purpose it was collected for, and/or for the period of time set by the relevant laws.
Updated on 18 March 2021